Welcome

My drug of choice is writing––writing, art, reading, inspiration, books, creativity, process, craft, blogging, grammar, linguistics, and did I mention writing?

Friday, March 13, 2015

Best Heroine (Quarterfinal 4)

Our third quarterfinal is done. One more to go, and then we're on to the semifinals!

There will be eight names on our last quarterfinal poll. After a week I will take the top four. They will be added to our current survivors to make the semifinal polls. From those semifinal polls I will take the top five each to go on to the final poll. 

Here are the remaining names. I've included the book or series the heroine can be found in, unless their book or series is named after them (and there isn't really another character they cold be confused for). Also, I used Google as best I could, but if you see any mistakes on this list please let me know.

Lyra Belacqua–His Dark Materials
Phèdre nó Delaunay Kushiel’s Dart
Susan Calvin–I Robot
Honor Harrington–Honorverse
Rachel Morgan–The Hollows
Keladry of Mindelan–The Protector of the Small
Hermione Granger–Harry Potter
The Wife of Bath–The Canterbury Tales

Everyone will get three votes (3). The top 4 will go on to the semi-final round. Before you simply vote for your favorite three, consider that, as there is no ranking of those three votes; each vote beyond one dilutes the power of your choices a little more. So if you have a genuine favorite--or pair of favorites--it's better to use as few votes as possible.

The poll itself is on the left side at the bottom of the side menus. Sleek. Black. Thin, but with some girth. Bow chicka bow wow.

These are the winners from the first three quarterfinal polls.

Killashandra Ree–Crystal Singer
Eowyn–Lord of the Rings
Vin–Mistborn
Jo March–Little Women
Laura Ingalls–Little House Series
Katniss Everdeen–The Hunger Games
Charlotte–Charlotte’s Web
Cordelia Naismith–Vorkosigan Saga
Elena Michaels–Bitten
Lisbeth Salander–Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Anne Shirley–Anne of Green Gables
Matilda

Ramona Quimby, Elena Michaels, and Trisana Chandier were eliminated from quarterfinal poll 3.

In one week, I'll post results and we'll move on to the semifinal rounds.  Call your friends. Hit up Reddit. I can't stop it, so I might as well encourage it. It's all traffic to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment