Welcome

My drug of choice is writing––writing, art, reading, inspiration, books, creativity, process, craft, blogging, grammar, linguistics, and did I mention writing?

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Blogust's Final Tally

Hi folks,

As you know I melted down mid month with trying to keep up with the robust goals of "Blogust." (It happens to the best of us.) However, the Blogust fund raiser never stopped, and not one, but two anonymous donors jumped in with various matching offers. (Technically I was going to do 50% and there was a donor who said they'd match as long as 50% went back to the blog, but basically after the math shook out, it was this:) In the end every donation we got to Writing About Writing was be DOUBLED as a contribution to Oakland Reads.

And folks were extraordinarily generous. I'm not going to out anyone who doesn't want to be outed, but I got a donation bigger than most of my teaching paychecks (and those go by month), and lots of people kicked in.

So here's the final tally:

Donations from "Blogust."= $535*

Matching to Oakland Reads 535 (Mysterious donor #1) +535 (Mysterious Donor #2)= $1070
Plus the 10% I always donate $53

Total= $1123

*It's not worth trying to figure out what I make in a normal month, but I promise it's not this much.

When I get back from Burning Man, there will be many thank you e-mails (both to the Blogust donors, and the embarrassingly huge backlog).

1 comment: